Project BambooCorekees project since 2023
A forestry project in Portugal that produces European bamboo for CO2 offsetting and as a sustainable raw material for industrial manufacturers.
the first 100 subscriptions
per bond per month
INVEST IN EUROPEAN BAMBOO
Europe is the largest export market for Asian bamboo and is 100% dependent on imports. This imported bamboo is becoming increasingly expensive, partly due to inflation and rising transport prices. While bamboo is essentially an insanely sustainable resource, it is debatable whether that is still the case when you import it from Asia, in highly polluting cargo ships, to Europe.
Meanwhile, Europe is fully transitioning toward sustainable agriculture and (timber) construction. The agricultural sector is diligently searching for profitable low-footprint crops as an alternative to the high emissions of the currently standard agrarian methods. The construction sector, too, needs to drastically improve its sustainability to reduce its footprint.
There is also an increasing demand for locally grown bamboo from producers and consumers. There is a shortage of fresh bamboo shoots as food in Europe, and industrial manufacturers would like to incorporate locally grown bamboo into their products to reduce or offset their carbon emissions.
The demand for sustainably grown bamboo is many times greater than the supply. By investing with our partner in European bamboo forests in Portugal, we are creating the supply to meet this demand and laying the foundation for bio-based disruption of numerous sectors.
WHAT WILL OUR BAMBOO BE USED FOR?
WHY BAMBOO IS GOOD FOR THE CLIMATE
- Bamboo is an absolute champion in CO₂ uptake and oxygen production
- Bamboo is the fastest renewable material in the world
- Produces 15 times more wood than trees in the same growing period
- Bamboo is a zero-waste crop and is biodegradable
- Our bamboo is a pesticide-free crop and is grown on degraded land
- Bamboo restores soil quality, retains water in the soil, and combats soil erosion
WHY WE INVEST IN EUROPEAN BAMBOO
- Proven growth in Europe (The Netherlands as well as Belgium and Portugal)
- Relatively easy to grow
- Demand and market are present and growing strongly
- Creates employment in agriculture, processing and related sectors
- European standards ensure safe and sustainable production
- With local cultivation and processing, we are building a sustainable business model for a renewable product
CERTIFIED CO2 REMOVAL
1 BAMBOO PLANT IS ONE BOND
INVESTMENT PER BAMBOO PLANT
PURCHASE, PLANTING, MAINTENANCE, IRRIGATION AND HARVESTING FOR THE FIRST 7 YEARS - €77.30
Expenses for buying and planting the young bamboo, taking care of the plants and the cost of harvesting.
COSTS FOR THE OFFICIAL CERTIFICATION OF THE CO2 OFFSET - €51.80
Our fields are certified by ONCRA, the independent standard of Climate Cleanup Foundation, an Amsterdam-based neutral third party.
COST ADMINISTRATION COREKEES FOR 15 YEARS - €27.20
To keep Corekees running (salaries, legal & marketing).
TRANSACTION COSTS COREKEES - €2.00
Costs for the technology of the platform and our payment systems.
MANAGEMENT FEE COREKEES - €9.70
€9.70 (5.8%) remains as a management fee for Corekees to monitor the project for 15 years.
ANNUAL Returns PER BAMBOO PLANT
BOND REDEMPTION - €28.00
The redemption of the bond amount.
INVESTOR RETURN - €14.25
The average profit distributed to you per bamboo plant.
BAMBOO COST - €23.85
Maintenance, Irrigating and harvesting.
Success fee Corekees - €4.20
The reward for Corekees upon the success of the project.